Scout Field Bed

Share



















NO. 150061

SCOUT FIELD BED 
Organic selvage denim & japanese chambray.

Rest is important – get as much as time permits. The Field Bed can make for a comfortable respite. If hot, sleep on top. If cold, sleep inside – zipped up. Roll up and tie down with leather strap for transport.

Details 
100% cotton Italian organic slub selvage denim. 100% cotton Japanese chambray interior. Climashield APEX® insulation - rated to 20ºF. 115" #8 antique brass RiRi zip. Two reversible pulls. Natural Horween® Chromexcel® horsehide pulls and tie-down strap.

Made in USA.

Scout founder/creative director Ben Masters explains:
"The first place I remember camping was my backyard, in my dad’s old tent. It was a red pup tent made from ripstop nylon and aluminum poles. I spent a lot of time in it as a kid, and I ended up spending a lot of nights under the stars and around campfires and learned how to be pretty resourceful in the outdoors as a Boy Scout. I often look back on that time in the wilderness and wonder how it influenced my character – I think I was better for it. For all the skills and life lessons I learned out there, what calls me back to the outdoors is a sense of awe for the beautiful things out there and a sense of wonder and mystery for the things I cannot see or control or predict.

Out there one comes face to face with the infinite and can perhaps start to glean some sense of place in the universe. There, we can perceive our size in relation to a starry night sky, or a mountain and know that we are small and young creatures standing at the foot of an epic world. It can be a pretty humbling experience and has been shared by many a man and woman throughout time. It can change the way you think about things if you let it.

I moved from Florida to Seattle a ways back and came to experience nature in an entirely new way. Washington State has the ability to inspire a reverence for the outdoors with its Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges, the Puget Sound, high deserts and rain forests all of which can be accessed from the metropolis and cultural hub that is Seattle. In this incredible setting Scout was conceived as a brand unlike others in it’s uncompromising view on creating outdoor goods in the US that are as beautiful and inspiring as they are functional, simple to use, and relevant to today’s outdoor enthusiast."

No comments: