Six - Sixteen

Share







A great deal of the vintage vibe behind Refueled magazine comes from the music I grew up listening to. I believe that you are most influenced by music between the ages of six through sixteen years old. During that time, I feel those musical influences shape who you are for the rest of your life. Vinyl may have seen a huge resurgence in the last few years, but from the time I was six till I was sixteen, 33⅓ rpm was all there was. I began collecting and later buying records when I was six. My much older cousin, who ran a emporium, let me pick out a album each year for my birthday. Thus began my vinyl record collection that to present reaches over 500. Below, from 1964, when I was six years old, until 1974, at sixteen, are the years most influential albums for me.

1964: Meet the Beatles, The Beatles.
1965: Highway 61 Revisited, Bob Dylan.
1966: Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys.
1967: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles.
1968: Steppenwolf, Steppenwolf.
1969: Hair Soundtrack, Various Artist.
1970: Closer to Home, Grand Funk.
1971: Sticky Fingers, The Rolling Stones.
1972: Machine Head, Deep Purple.
1973: They Only Come Out at Night, The Edgar Winter Group.
1974: Second Helping, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

What albums influenced your life?

No comments: